Gruelling hospital rounds, erratic schedules, long working hours and still required to sport a smile! At the end of it all, maintaining the work life balance at home. That’s a typical day in the life of a lady doctor. You chose this profession to serve, to help humanity and to enable people have a healthy life. Your clothes should not become a hinderence in your goal. You always have to be on the right side of fashion trends – so choose the right mix of style and functionality. Wherever possible, stick to formal wear salwar kameez suits and saree blouse.
Here are 6 quick tips that can help lady doctors stay comfortable and look graceful at the same time:
- Stick to Comfortable Cottons: This is a mantra that never fails. High on looks and even higher on comfort. Cotton salwar kameez suits and saree blouse ensure a fatigue and hassle-free day. Morever, a good cotton salwar kameez or sari will keep your head cool! Totally avoid synthetic fabrics like georgettes and chiffons.
- Perfect Stitch adds to the magic: Whether you wear a cotton saree or a cotton/chanderi kurta with churidar dupatta, ensure that they are stitched appropriately. Since your profession requires frequent hand washing, opt for half or quarter sleeves. Also, don’t wear too tight clothes. Ask your tailor to provide pockets on both sides of the kameez. You will thank yourself you did!
- Choose sober colours: Wear the colours that are soothing and graceful. Avoid shiny colours or fabrics to stay away from unsolicited attention. Morever, too shiny and jazzy colours will not gel with the setting of your workplace.
- Subtle prints remain evergreen: Believe us, you will do your patients a big favour if you wear colours and prints that are easy and soothing on eyes. Jaipuri block prints, batik, dabu prints, bandhni or bandhej is what you can bank on.
- Say No to Heels: Strictly avoid heels and invest in comfortable footwear as your profession requires a lot of running around.
- Trendy and a functional handbag: Use a handbag with lot of different, small and big, zipped compartments and pockets. Better to choose a piece in which you can access your mobile phone without opening the main compartment.